How much for an EMUFDD?
Professional emulation doesn't work this way:
- EMUFDD is a (1) custom (2) integrated (3) professional (4) retrofit, not just a piece of hardware
- 1. Each EMUFDD is programmed and configured based on the exact details of your machinery
- 2. EMUFDD is integrated because we take care also of the emulation on your PC with the editor of the programs for the machinery
- 3. EMUFDD is professional because we configure and virtualize everything for you
- 4. EMUFDD is a retrofit because we upgrade your machinery to modern USB and TCP/IP networking
- EMUFDD scores a unique 100% rate of successful retrofitting
- We freely help customers, before purchasing, in collecting all the needed infos about devices and floppies
- We always call you back to discuss live the details of your machinery
- We provide floppy analysis service to identify unknown/custom floppy disk formats
- We provide free software capable of doing universal backup of data/program floppy disks
- We provide free software capable of full floppy drive virtualization
retrofitting and we're able to 100% emulate on ANY EXISTING CNC/robot.
The customer assistance will help you in finding out which
kind of retrofit work best fits your needs and your machinery.
"EMUFDD: providing upgrading solutions, not only hardware"
Here you are the infos that you will be asked for by the customer support, just start
telling us everything that you already know and we'll help you in discovering the rest:
- 1. The host - the device/machinery on which you need to replace the floppy (type & model & quantity)
example: 3x (three) BIESSE ROVER 36 with CNI control RT480
example: 1x (one) standard PC with Win98
!! Please, send us clear pictures of the machinery and of the control !!
- 2. The floppy drive - the floppy drive that you need to replace (type & model & jumpering)
example: SONY MPF920-E jumpered as (clear picture attached...)
example: SONY MPF920-Z with no jumpers at all
example: unknown, with jumpers (clear picture attached...)
!! Please, send us clear pictures of the floppy drive (model) and its rear jumpering !!
- 3. The floppy disks - the data/program floppies that you always use
example: 3.5" DD floppies, formatted as ??? density, not readable by DOS/WINDOWS (special software is needed)
example: 5.25" DD floppies, formatted as 1.2MB density, readable by DOS/WINDOWS in A:
- 3.1 The support - SD/DD/HD 5.25"/3.5" floppies
- 3.2 The floppy density & geometry - formatted as 720KB/1.440MB/unknown/...
- 3.3 The floppy format - formatted as FAT (readable by PC) or custom
- 4. The "special" floppy disks - the system/boot/recovery floppies
example: 4x recovery floppies, not readable by DOS/WINDOWS
example: 1x system/boot floppiy, readable by DOS/WINDOWS in A: